Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default WWYD?

On 10/25/2015 9:42 PM, Don Y wrote:

As a kid, I can recall the *beer* display in the supermarket being
covered (with a giant "window shade" sort of device) after 8PM
on Saturday -- even though the supermarket remained open (and into
Sunday!). Yet, we could drive across the state line and buy
until 11P. Here, there are no prohibitions regarding beer/liquor on
Sundays.

As a kid? Come here to CT and you can see that every night at 9 PM.
Just the past couple of years you can buy it on Sunday for a few hours.

OTOH, the catholic church seems to routinely decide to rewrite
what's "acceptable" -- in a manner that is suggestive of a marketing
campaign! (gays, second marriages, etc.) I wonder if they've got some
grand master copy of their bible locked away someplace and a big
jar of WhiteOut... :

Pope Francis is dragging them up into the 18th century so I guess there
is hope for modernization.