Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Credit where due

"philo" wrote in message
Very good question.

It's $7 a month. I do know that I would have been better off to buy my
own and was just thinking of doing so prior to this problem.

Now that you brought this up I see maybe my "good deal" was not so good as
I've paid $70 this year to rent it...and I bet I can get one on eBay for
that price.

Well, I guess now would be the time for me to buy my own equipment

I am on TWC and bought my own modem a couple of years ago. A monthor so ago
they upgraded the standard speed from 15 to 50 meg bits or whatever.

The modem I had bought was new and only $ 25 shipped form ebay. It works
fine at 15,but not rated for over 30 or so. With the upgrade, I found
someone on ebay that had a new modem like the TWC recommended one for $ 50
shipped. They usuallly run about $ 65 to $ 70 shipped.

Easy to install. Just hook up the modem and wait for a short period of time
and the computer screen connects to the internet and asks for a few numbers
off the modem and then it starts up.