Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] RealPerson@none.com is offline

Default Drain clogged with plastic Stir Sticks

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 21:46:18 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

As your link shows:
PP has excellent chemical resistance to acids, bases, alcohols, minerals
oils, and minor attack from aldehydes, esters, ketones and aliphatic
hydrocarbons. PP is very suitable for items that require frequent
sterilization such as trays and instrument jars -

It's a good thing it's resistant to alcohol

I have to mention that years ago, I watched a guy in a bar (different
bar) spend hours with a lighter, melting those plastic stir sticks
together, until he formed a colorful tower about 4 ft. tall with a
windmill on top, that rotated. It was really professional looking as
well as amazing. In fact the bar owner put it up on a shelf. The bar
owner probably had to order more sticks after that, the guy used
hundreds of them, but no one complained.

I think that guy was an artist of some sort. This was not just some
drunk guy playing around.

So, if they are PP, we know they melt from heat.