Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Laser printer went blank

On 25/10/2015 08:00, DaveC wrote:
On 24 Oct 2015, Ian Field wrote
(in ):

That would be my guess - AFAICR: the laser discharges the static charge on
the photoconductive film at the points where no toner should be attracted
to.

I think a failed laser would result in a completely black page, maybe the
transistor that drives the laser going leaky - but that's in a critical
constant current loop, a leaky transistor would probably destroy the laser.

Any idea the approx voltage of the corona wire? I could check, but it would
be nice to know if its 300, 600, 1000?

Thanks.

More like 2,000 to 5,000V. The generator is often a selfcontained unit
off 28V or so, with just an on/off control line. Flop a 100M resistor to
the corona wire and insulated lead out to a neon bulb to frame , in the
first instance.