Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HP 3561A

So now, with the coveted volume two in hand, I see they call the vertical horizontal and the horizontal vertical. The print does depict what I had been reverse engineering. I think on page 7-249.

The vertical circuit does not use a boost cap, switcher or diodes as far as I can tell. Simple transconductance (current) amp run off a ramp.

It has vertical foldover, that is usually caused by not enough voltage peak on retrace. In an old TV it would almost certainly be a bad lytic. But this does not use that type of circuit.

Actually it might be a bit of fun doing this. I have to put leads on the board to test it because it is shielded. What's more, the way it is I have to use insulated wire. Alot of times I have just used solder, but that won't work with this.