Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Drain clogged with plastic Stir Sticks

On 10/24/2015 4:40 PM, wrote:

We put the trap back on, but it still drained very slow. Apparently
those sticks are clogged further down, and no one had a snake handy.

The sink drain pipes are not accessible since there is no basement.

My question is this: Will a snake get thru those stir sticks?

Either way, I wonder if a snake will actually "chew up" those sticks, or
shove them further down into larger pipes, where they will go down the
sewer. I never thought about them going down drains, but I can now see
the problem. Actually, they should be made from something that will
break apart, such as a paper, but they are what they are....

Seems they looked for another bend n the line. Given the size they may
not be making the bend and sitting as a clump at the bottom of the
straight pipe. Snake may be enough to push them along to a larger pipe.
I don't think they would break up easily.

Then I'd add a screen, of course.