Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Torches can flame without propane tank connected!

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

If the propane comes into the head as a liquid..it can burn for a
significant period of time after its off the can. Been there, done
that. Thought everyone knew this....?

THAT particular head has a tube about 1/8" i.d., and about 1.4" long from
the tank to the valve. If that were filled FULL of liquid (only), it
would burn about 0.9 seconds. Remember, he didn't have just a "lick" of
flame burning on that thing -- it was at full blow torch volume.

That particular head has NO 'chamber' or special "vaporization area".
It's just a straight tube up to the valve. There's a sintered metal
filter downwind to reduce the pressure, so that the gas will vaporize.

THAT head won't burn that long off the tank, no matter what you do, short
of 'processing' the video. I have two. I've used them in every
position, weather, and application to which you could apply a B-O-M
trigger torch.

Lloyd