Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Check your HVAC surge protector -- fail reports

On Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 1:42:30 PM UTC-4, westom wrote:
On Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 1:11:34 PM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
Again, the IEEE guide to surge protection says you're wrong:

Classic knowledge without one technical reason why ... and not even any numbers. Why no numbers? His entire knowledge comes from those two citations - that he intentionally distorts. We know he must be correct. He says so.

Another discussion where posters have extensive knowledge and experience:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives.../msg00327.html
Lightning and ground systems
The basic scenario is to install a Single Point Ground
System that is installed at the building entry. It
shunts everything to ground before it goes in the
building. If you can keep it outside, then you don't
really have to do much inside.

Wow, you've got a real authority there. You complained that
I don't cite spec numbers, and here you are relying on an
unknown guy that says:

" While whole books are written on the topic, here's my 2 cents worth."

BTW, where does he say that multi-port surge protectors can't be
used to protect a TV? Where does he say they cause damage?

What a sound, scientific, engineering approach.