Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Father meant to drive family of 5 into Arizona lake in SUV, police said

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

"John B." wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Maybe it will start a trend? Kill the criminals, and they will
never
commit another crime.

Yes, if nothing else executing criminals thins the ranks somewhat.

Singapore, for example, has a law that for possession of certain
drugs in an amount of more than a very small specific amount the
penalty is hanging. Under Singapore law a condemned person may
appeal
to the President of the Republic who may, issue a pardon, require a
re-trial, or simply ignore the request.

For possession of a smaller than the specified amount it is a term
in
prison and at last look the prisoners still slept on the floor of
their cell, on a straw mat.

Singapore has relatively little crime. and drug use is rated as one
of
the lowest in the world. For both cannibals and opiates the rate is
0.004%. The U.S. rates 13.7 and 0.57% I believe.

They have to keep the cannibals in solitary confinement. ;-)

I read a story by a British jungle operative in Indonesia who wrote
that the tribes accused each other of cannibalism to scare off
unwanted outsiders. The so-called cannibal tribe that captured him
treated him well when they found out he was fighting the Communists.

-jsw