Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Just ordered a bike engine

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 21:47:37 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:14:25 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 07:39:16 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

How'd the Wabbit do in the ice and snow?
I bought it in the spring and sold it in September or October.

I had forgotten that Fort Frozen Wilderness thawed at times.

Grok Jim's post Civics, Saabs, and Wabbits. IIRC, the first
front-drive vehicles in the USA were touted as being the safest on
ice, with their pulling v. pushing tires. I'd imagine that studded
tires would tremendously increase that.

Here are 2 somethings I'll never do, either:
http://photos.imageevent.com/motorbi...r-Snow-Ski.jpg
https://motorcyclemaniac.files.wordp...portbikes3.jpg

I haven't yet owned a FWD or 4WD vehicle, but I'd kinda like to have
little bugout diesel motorcycle some day.
http://tinyurl.com/q4wb55m (+ blonde) or http://tinyurl.com/qgkvlrs
I loved cruising the trails in me yout.

Studs didn't help at all on packed snow.

I cruised the snowmobile trails and frozen lakes on my dirt bike, with
Trials Universal tires.

Actually on hard packed snow the studs were a small advantage -not
nearly as much as on ice. I had studs on the '63 Valiant but they
were outlawed in southern Ontario about the time I bought the Dart. I
put a lot of miles on the Dart and wore out the snows and also wore
out a set of chains. It was a '69 and it had over 200,000 miles on it
when I sold it in '72.