Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Just ordered a bike engine

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 14:59:56 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:14:25 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 07:39:16 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

How'd the Wabbit do in the ice and snow?

I bought it in the spring and sold it in September or October.

I had forgotten that Fort Frozen Wilderness thawed at times.

Grok Jim's post Civics, Saabs, and Wabbits. IIRC, the first
front-drive vehicles in the USA were touted as being the safest on
ice, with their pulling v. pushing tires. I'd imagine that studded
tires would tremendously increase that.

My first car was a Morris Mini 850. I took jt places I wouldn't take
a jeep.
When my brother lost his rallye driver and asked me to join him (he
was navigator) he asked me what kind of car I'd like - and told me to
start looking for one CHEAP. I said front wheel drive - longitudinal
mounted engie - and found a Renault R12. We rallyed it for 3 years -
quite successfully.

My "primary" vehicle in Zambia was a Peugeot 204 wagon - fwd - and I
ended up with the 'Dub when the Peugeot broke and getting parts proved
to be a problem.
Here are 2 somethings I'll never do, either:
http://photos.imageevent.com/motorbi...r-Snow-Ski.jpg
https://motorcyclemaniac.files.wordp...portbikes3.jpg

I haven't yet owned a FWD or 4WD vehicle, but I'd kinda like to have a
little bugout diesel motorcycle some day.
http://tinyurl.com/q4wb55m (+ blonde) or http://tinyurl.com/qgkvlrs
I loved cruising the trails in me yout.

I've owned and driven 4wd as well - big problem is there is twice as
much to go wrong - so twice as much to spend keeping them on the road.
-
To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want
to change the world who are causing all the trouble.
--Anonymous