Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Check your HVAC surge protector -- fail reports

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 11:24:40 -0500, Muggles wrote:

You sure know a lot about this subject. Are you an electrician?

If westom is an electrician I would not hire him.

An SPD saved my 50" Plasma TV. I lost an older one without an SPD.
The server at work was saved from a brownout surge on an APC battery
unit. I suspect nearby lightning caused a main board damage on my
refrigerator.

Maybe he can explain _why_ planes have no earth ground. My guess he
thinks every appliance needs a barn lightning rod with an electrode.
Or planes drag a chain behind it to earth ground, like fuel trucks.

I'm not an electrician