Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Socket wrench sets: SAE or Metric?

On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 8:38:49 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/23/2015 8:11 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 6:24:16 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've found that often 13 MM will do 1/2 inch. Wonder
if there are other sizes that do double duty?

I told you in my post, one of the first responses, that some
sizes are close enough and cited 1 1/4" being almost identical to 32mm.
How close they have to be depends on what you're doing, how desperate
you are and how lucky you feel today. I believe someone else posted
a link to a chart, no?

Yes, the chart looks totally useful.

Now, wonder if a metric set will serve
as both, or are there some inch sizes
that are needed in addition?

--

The short, simple answer is that you need both.