Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Socket wrench sets: SAE or Metric?

On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 9:38:19 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Can't remember the last time I've had to change a tire on the road -I
think it was on my 1963 Valiant back in about 1971 - with a bumper
jack and no bumper - - - -

Mine was several weeks ago. I had a tire with a
sidewall bulge. Thought it might be good for a
while longer, but was mistaken. Screw jack, and
a space saver spare. But, it did get me to the
tire place the next day.

The 25 inch breaker bar helped remove the lugnuts.

Anytime I get my car back from the shop, I loosen the lug nuts and retighten them to the coorect torque with a torque wrench.

The garage will always make them too tight which makes it difficult to remove them on the road for a flat and also warps the rotors.

Mark

You would think by now that all the typical places that change
tires would have torque sticks so that it wouldn't happen, but it
does.