Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Doe[_4_] John Doe[_4_] is offline

Default Torches can flame without propane tank connected!

John B. wrote:

John Doe wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
John Doe wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBxOKHBTTI0

It's a bunch of pure bull****.

How many times have you tried doing exactly that?

I don't plan on removing the torch head, but for anyone who regularly
does, they definitely should try that and find out.

Somehow I doubt that farmer is a master at video editing. If I were
really interested, I would ask which torch head he was using.
Apparently the propane tanks were the common Coleman kind.

I wonder. Firstly, propane gas is heavier than air and secondly
propane boils at minus 44 degrees (F) at sea level. So how much will
be left inside a torch body after more than a second?

Yes, I saw the guy do it but I would guess that had he waited one more
second his "trick" wouldn't have worked. -- cheers,

It does seem strange, but that doesn't make it "a bunch of pure bull****".
Besides lacking the skill to do such stealthy video editing and lacking
any interest to do magic, one has to ask "What would be his motive for
faking such a video?" Learn magic and high level video editing in
anticipation of getting rich quick from a single video going viral,
about propane torch safety? I don't think so.