Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Socket wrench sets: SAE or Metric?

On 10/22/2015 10:24 PM, wrote:
You use your SAE lug wrench on your 19 and 21 MM lugs?

Yes, when necessary - but I virtually NEVER use a lug wrench. I use
my 1/2" drive 24 or 30 inch Johnson bar with my appropriately sized 6
point deep socket - usually my impact socket- to break the lugs loose,
then my nut spinner to spin them off. Then I spin them back on, and
torque them with my (about the only Snap-On tool I have) torque
wrench.

Can't remember the last time I've had to change a tire on the road -I
think it was on my 1963 Valiant back in about 1971 - with a bumper
jack and no bumper - - - -

Mine was several weeks ago. I had a tire with a
sidewall bulge. Thought it might be good for a
while longer, but was mistaken. Screw jack, and
a space saver spare. But, it did get me to the
tire place the next day.

The 25 inch breaker bar helped remove the lugnuts.

--
..
Christopher A. Young