Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Torches can flame without propane tank connected!

John Doe fired this volley in news:n0cb7j
:

I don't plan on removing the torch head, but for anyone who regularly
does, they definitely should try that and find out.

I do it ALL the time; in fact, I ONLY do that. I never transport a torch
on the can -- too likely to be broken. A friend actually had one fall in
his vehicle and light... The damage was fairly minor, but it scared the
crap out of him.

And yes, I've done it in all positions of the can relative to the torch.

The thing about "other brands" of propane is pure crap, too. Propane
liquifies/boils at a certain well-defined pressure/temperature curve.
"Brands" don't matter.

LLoyd