Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Torches can flame without propane tank connected!

John Doe wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Martin Eastburn fired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBxOKHBTTI0

It's a bunch of pure bull****.

How many times have you tried doing exactly that?

I don't plan on removing the torch head, but for anyone who regularly
does, they definitely should try that and find out.

Somehow I doubt that farmer is a master at video editing. If I were
really interested, I would ask which torch head he was using. Apparently
the propane tanks were the common Coleman kind.

I have the same torch and have used it with propane (both the common
"torch" tanks and the Coleman style) and MAPP The longest I have ever
had it burn after pulling the tank off was less than a second.
I pull the tank after every use and purge the torch.

As stated there is not enough fuel storage in the torch head to burn
that long.

--
Steve W.