Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Socket wrench sets: SAE or Metric?

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 18:58:59 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
On 10/22/2015 2:04 PM, wrote:

These days you need both to work on just about anything.

So true. I went to change a brake on a friend's
wheel chair. Went out and got my socket set.
Wonders, the nut needs 10 MM, and I didn't have
one in my SAE set. That started a quest to find
10 MM sockets sold separately. HF has them, in
deep, and 3/8 drive. Not much help with my 1/4
drive socket sets.

Get on down to HF as they have a set on sell for 4.99. 3/8 inch ratchet and
sockets. About the price of one good socket.

I've got a few cheap socket sets floating around - or remnants of
them. The sockets were crappy, and the ratchets were "knuckle busters"
and I even twisted off a few extensions. Some were from India, some
from China - and none cost over $15 new in a tin box.