Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default A bit OT, A rant about tool web sites

On 10/22/2015 5:42 PM, John McCoy wrote:
steve robinson wrote in
:

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 16:56:29 +0000 (UTC), John McCoy
wrote:

With email I can send a message at any time, at my convenience.
With a phone call, often as not I'm getting voice mail, or no
answer. Or someone is calling me when it's not at all convenient
for me to answer.

Neither method is ideal in all cases.

How many recalls ford , how many recalls Toyota

Your skills at replying to posts seem to be a tad lacking.
However, I can guess which post you actually meant...

You're also not doing so good in your arguement. For 2014:

Toyota - 5,543,303 vehicles recalled
Ford - 3,815,051 vehicles recalled

Now, if you want to make recalls the determining factor
in choosing a car, you should get a Volvo (they had 0 cars
recalled in 2014). Of course, since many recalls are for
trivial things (like correcting the vehicle weight sticker
on the door frame) the raw number isn't all that meaningful.

John

I don't think the # of vehicles is valid.
I think the number of cases might be more accurate.

I didn't know that there were recalls for weight stickers. Seems trivial.

I think my opinion was sealed about 2 months ago. A fusion was burning
on the side of the road. I could not tell whether it started in the
engine compartment or passenger compartment. The flames appeared to be
in both , and then it totally erupted.

While this could be any car, any make, it wasn't. I was in Love with
the Mustang , I wanted the retro. Glad I didn't buy one. A couple I
knew bought the SHO or GT, can't remember. After a year and a half or so
they no longer had it. It was constantly breaking down, and because it
was the SHO or GT, parts were not readily available, they had to wait
for everything. They could not keep it, as it cost them an arm and a
leg to get it, and more to keep it. Guess they haven't changed much..
Still needing, I don't believe the magazines. They lie. After the 2009
crash, all of a sudden they were saying how great our cars were and that
they were so good. What changed? How did they go from ok, to great?
Why was Ford so fantastic? While I agree they were getting better, what
changed. Could it be that because they were pumping up the US car
manufacturers?

--
Jeff