Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Socket wrench sets: SAE or Metric?

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 19:26:17 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 10/22/2015 7:12 PM, wrote:

The pawn shop is the best place to get loose sockets. They usually
have a big box of them for a buck each and usually you get a discount
on more than a few.
I put a whole set of name brand sockets together for $5 along with a
few spares of the ones you use/lose a lot.
I found out about that 10mm thing years ago when the commie metric
thing was just catching hold here

Can't say as I've ever been in a pawn shop.
Might be a good reason to try it.

There is one right next to my barber shop. I always cruise through
after getting a haircut, just to see what they have. You can usually
get DVDs for a buck too but they seldom have anything I want to watch.