Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Socket wrench sets: SAE or Metric?

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 18:04:14 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 10/22/2015 2:04 PM, wrote:

These days you need both to work on just about anything.

So true. I went to change a brake on a friend's
wheel chair. Went out and got my socket set.
Wonders, the nut needs 10 MM, and I didn't have
one in my SAE set. That started a quest to find
10 MM sockets sold separately. HF has them, in
deep, and 3/8 drive. Not much help with my 1/4
drive socket sets.

The pawn shop is the best place to get loose sockets. They usually
have a big box of them for a buck each and usually you get a discount
on more than a few.
I put a whole set of name brand sockets together for $5 along with a
few spares of the ones you use/lose a lot.
I found out about that 10mm thing years ago when the commie metric
thing was just catching hold here