Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Socket wrench sets: SAE or Metric?

On 10/22/2015 6:15 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 17:52:45 -0400, Stormin Mormon
Today I bought one eaches HF quarter inch
drive metric set, that goes to 13 MM. Will
get me in and out of most of my repair
needs. Surely would have done good for the
windshield wiper repair yesterday.

See if that set goes on sale, buy a set for
the other vehicle.

If you are only going to have one set, make it a 3/8". You can
always use an adapter down to 1/4 for the smaller sizes (10mm and
smaller)- 1/4" reatchets etc are designed for low torque - generally
no more than 20 ft lb (240 in lb)

I've been very pleased with the 1/3 drive
sets for most jobs. Though, I do have larger
available if needed.

My other job is refrigeration repair, and the
SAE quarter drive set is handy for changing
fan motors on smaller equipment. And for many
tasks for larger equipment, also.

--
..
Christopher A. Young