Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Samsung LCD monitor: screen blanks after 1 second

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
This is a SyncMaster 2233SW that worked fine for years, but then the image
disappeared. Further investigation showed that the image would display for
just a second or so after power-up or after switching inputs. So: looks
like classic defective-power-supply problem, probably resulting from
crappy electrolytic capacitors.

When I took it apart I found that there were bulging caps and a partially
discolored PC board.

Since the PC board itself showed signs of overheating, I thought it better
to look for a replacement power-supply module

Sadly - heat discoloured PCBs isn't as rare as it ought to be.

The trick is to make a judgment as to whether there is potentially a fire
risk. In any case - a replacement from the original source will probably go
the same way.

If the problem is on the CCFL inverter board - a company called HR in Spain
does pattern spares.

They were originally well known for high quality pattern replacement
horizontal output transformers for CRT displays.