Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A bit OT, A rant about tool web sites

John McCoy wrote in
:

The counterpoint to that is the problem with phone calls is
the guy on the other end has to answer the phone.

With email I can send a message at any time, at my convenience.
With a phone call, often as not I'm getting voice mail, or no
answer. Or someone is calling me when it's not at all convenient
for me to answer.

Neither method is ideal in all cases.

John

I had one communication with a company that required me to send a letter,
then they'd call me, I missed the call, then had to send another letter
to get another phone call. Paper letter, with stamp and everything... in
2014.

Puckdropper

--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.