Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Socket wrench sets: SAE or Metric?

On Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 1:59:09 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Doing some vehicle work yesterday. SAE socket set
won't work, becuae 10 MM is between 3/8 and 7/16.
And 13 MM is between 1/2 and 9/16.

Suppose I buy metric socket set. Will I have the
same problem workign on English size fasteners?

Do I need to wrench sets in each vehicle?

-

Yes, you need both. Some are close enough that they work
perfectly. For example, 32mm is extremely close to 1.25", so
a 1.25" wrench that I already have works fine. Some are just
about there. So, then it depends on how tight the bolt is
and how lucky you feel today. Round it off, and you're screwed....