Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default A bit OT, A rant about tool web sites

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 3:43:05 PM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:

Email is better than telephone for serious communication.

The problem with email communication is that it's often hard to put
all of the required info in an email and make it perfectly clear.

With a phone call, you can get down into the details, voice to voice,
until you can be relatively sure that both parties understand the
details.

The counterpoint to that is the problem with phone calls is
the guy on the other end has to answer the phone.

With email I can send a message at any time, at my convenience.
With a phone call, often as not I'm getting voice mail, or no
answer. Or someone is calling me when it's not at all convenient
for me to answer.

Neither method is ideal in all cases.

John