Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default A bit OT, A rant about tool web sites

woodchucker wrote in news:_fqdnfRnpZa9prXLnZ2dnUU7-
:

On 10/21/2015 2:49 PM, John McCoy wrote:

That's going overboard. Ford, at least, makes excellent
vehicles (altho, like ADS, I wouldn't buy the first year
production of anything). Mitsubishi makes a fair bit of
crap. VW cheats. You can find good and bad anywhere.

I think excellent is going way overboard.
The fords are still below Toyota , Honda, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, maybe
Hyundai.. Hyundai has caught up quickly.

Well, that's a little bit of apples and oranges. I'd agree
that Lincoln is not on a par with BMW or Mercedes (or Lexus),
which is a more reasonable comparison, market-wise.

But if Ford is behind Toyota and Honda, it's only by a little,
and so is everyone else in the world. I don't see anyone
else in the mainstream market that's better. In part that's
because Ford has brought a lot of design from their European
(i.e. German) side (as pastedavid said), in part it's because
Ford actually has tried to implement Japanese quality practices.

GM, and especially Chrysler, have a ways to go to be at the
same level.

John