Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Have Truss but do I have a Load Bearing Wall?

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 01:46:02 +0000 (UTC), HerHusband
wrote:

I don't know if it matters to the basic question of your posts, but
why do you think it is a cantilever, and why double?

Cantilever roof trusses are actually fairly common when you want the roof
to extend out over a porch or patio. See the "Cantilever truss" on this
page for an example:

http://www.heritagerooftruss.com/truss-types.shtml

Of course, I don't know if this applies to Jamie's situation. Without a

She didnt' say anthing which implied that. She's free to answer for
herself, of course.

picture of her roof and attic space, we're just making guesses.

I was asking a question. Perhaps you are making guesses.

Jamie: Have a look at the page above to see what a common roof truss looks
like.

Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com