Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Flashlight problem

Oren wrote in
:

On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 10:44:15 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 10/21/2015 10:30 AM, KenK wrote:
I have a No-name 17-LED three D-Cell flashlight and only 7 of the
LEDs are lit, and another one goes on and off. I tried new batteries
but no change.

I assume the flashlight is kaput. Anything I may be overlooking I
could try before I replace it? Screw-in parts like front end are
tight.

Are you sure there aren't two "settings" available:
- 7 LED
- 17 LED

Is there a pattern to the LED's that are failing to illuminate?
I.e., left side, right side, outer ring, inner core, etc.

Is the LED assembly accessible (to inspect)? Or, is it a sealed
assembly (discard when broken)?

Ensure the "Screw-in parts like front end are tight." are not
cross-threaded?

Don't appear to be as best I can tell.