Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Just ordered a bike engine

These engine kits are offered from many sellers and the quality seems
to be all over the place. So I don't know what is gonna show up on my
doorstep. I will for sure be making custom mounts because ALL the
mounting options I have seen for these engines have been far from
ideal. I also don't like the gas tanks, mainly because they look like
a gas tank. I have seen several bike conversions that look great.
These were all based on Beach Cruiser type bicycles. However, I am
going to be hanging this engine on my eighteen speed road bike and the
gas tank would just look plain wrong, to me at least. I have already
designed and drawn a new gas tank that has a reserve tank in it. This
will require two gas valves unless I can find a valve I like that has
a reserve position. If anyone here is interested I can post updates on
the conversion. Since metalworking will be involved the posts will be
appropriate.
Eric