Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default What's Up with Iturra Design?

On 10/21/2015 8:54 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 4:55:02 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:
You guys hyped up this Iturra Design catalog for bandsaw accessories.
I called a few weeks ago, spoke to a human, asked for a catalog and they
took my name and address.

Nothing in the mail.
Is this just some dude in his garage, smokin weed all day or what? :-)

I just had a very disappointing phone conversation with someone at
Iturra Design. I tried 6 web links to download their catalogue, and
all of them came up with a "404 error". I placed a call to Iturra
Design and spoke with someone there who couldn't tell me what their
website address was or where to go to download the catalogue. He said
that one way to get the catalogue was to place an order, but when I
informed him that "it was hard to order something if you don't know
what is available" ... he couldn't offer any suggestions. Not sure
how they do much business with such great customer service.

Louis has never been much interested in volume; the established
technique is to call and talk with him directly about your problem and
he'll tell you what you need to resolve it.

The "catalog" has been scanned and posted online; it actually has very
few Iturra Design products in it--it consists mostly of other
information or vendors' products for resale--Carter, Lenox, Incra, etc.,
that are pretty bandsaw-specific, but it also has Boeshield, Starrett,
etc., as well.

The last link I have to a scanned version is from 2010 at
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?201014-Iturra-Bandsaw-Catalogue-available-here

But, in general, if you want something from Iturra, basically it'll be
either thrust bearings/blocks, tension springs or the like or it'll be a
recommendation for a specific blade for a purpose from Lenox which can
be obtained elsewhere. I don't know how he makes a living; I suspect
this is simply a hobby, mostly, to support his penchant for playing w/
bandsaws...