Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default Check your Windows 10 block settings

| Let me do some more research.

This seems to cover it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_editions

Enterprise is available as volume license. Even that
includes "telemetry". As I understand it, what they
mean by that is Windows calling home with usage
data. And if you use things like Cortana you're adding
to the spying. It won't work otherwise.

I would think that corporate customers would be
allowed to control contact more, but that doesn't seem
to be the case. There's no indication in what I've
read anywhere that there's any reasonable way to
even stop the auto-updating outside of a coprorate,
multi-license contract, much less the spying.
And the auto-updating is being obscured. Microsoft
have announced that they'll no longer be detailing
what's in an update. So even corporate people who
can control the updates would have to reverse
engineer them to figure out what they are. And what
if a security update is linked to new ads on the Desktop?

It looks like Microsoft have really covered all the
angles on this one. As the saying goes, they gotcha
coming and going.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/299...e-updates.html