Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Have Truss but do I have a Load Bearing Wall?

On Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 12:13:04 AM UTC-4, HerHusband wrote:

A roof truss is usually designed to be supported only by the two outside
walls, and the interior walls are just partitions that don't support any of
the structure above.

However, before you tear it out, you may want to investigate a bit more.

Climb up into the attic and see if there are any posts, walls, or other
structures that might rest on the wall below. If so, the wall may be
holding up that load, even if the trusses support the roof itself.

What would the purpose of the crawl space piers be, if that is not a load bearing wall? Just support of the floor? I'd be cautious here.

It is also is not certain that he actually has a truss. That's a technical term and he may or may not be interpreting what he sees in the attic correctly.