Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Hand tools

On 10/20/2015 8:01 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 10/20/2015 10:36 AM, Don Y wrote:
It looks like you're using the same sort of criteria that I've adopted:
things with no or few/coarse moving parts. Or, low usage/disposable.

That's about it but I did buy a small bench vise that I took back the next day.
All I was asking of it was to hold a sear I was stoning but the jaws were too
sloppy and out of parallel to even do that. I went down the road to the ranch
supply and got another cheap Chinese version that was usable.

For years, I've been telling myself I should get a decent bench vise.
But, each time I *think* I *really* need one, I manage to come up with
a way to NOT need it. This is A Good Thing because finding a place
to *mount* one would be a real chore! :-/