Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A bit OT, A rant about tool web sites

"Leon" wrote:

Well I have decided to order a new speed controller for my Triton
router. Unfortunately doing so is done through a web site that
offers no means of communications other than e-mail. The web site
has locked me out using my user name and trying to re register
indicates that my user name is already in use. Applying to reset
the password results in no response via e-mail.

Frustrated I go to the DeWalt site to look for a new router.
****!
Click the tools tab, click the power tools tab and I have a choice
of 8 different power tools. No routers listed. Putting "router"
into the search box reveals 78 hits with protective glasses being at
the top of the list, followed by 7 pages to sort through. I'm done.

I go to the Triton tools web site and call the first telephone
number that I come to. I explain the problem that I am having with
their "third party" replacement part web site and the guy is very
understanding and promises to call me back in a few minutes.

He does call me back in a few minutes, offers to take my order right
then and there and offers me a 50% discount on the replacement part.
That cut the delivered price from Seattle to Houston to $44.00
instead of the previously quoted $80+.

I think the parts will be shipped tomorrow. ;~)

Some days the elevator, some days the dark hole.

Looks like you caught the elevator.

Lew