Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Check your cell phone

On 10/20/2015 10:50 AM, KenK wrote:

I've taken to carry cell phone, for much
same reasons. Gives me a good chance of
being able to call for help. For me, or
for others.

Well, where there is cell service....

True, even out at my cabin cell works fine in the forest.

And my cell is a lot cheaper and much more useful than one of the popular
emergency pendants at ~$30 a month.

SWMBO carries a cell phone "for emergencies" ("Don, I've got a flat
tire" "Do we need any linguini for Friday supper?" etc.) She
puts $100 of credit on it each year (else she loses any accumulated
credit -- or something like that. I think it now has several
hundred dollars "on account" as she uses it so little!

OTOH, $8/month (total!) is a small price to pay to be able to
make a call in an emergency!