Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Check your HVAC surge protector -- fail reports

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 11:15:46 AM UTC-4, westom wrote:
On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 10:35:08 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
Of course you have it correct, but it's no use. Tom has his
agenda and beliefs.

Trader_4 was caught and exposed multiple times lying.

Since it's allegedly happened so many times, you should be able
to show us some examples. Where are they?

So he uses a Donald Trump technique of posting personal insults.

What I actually did was clearly explain why you are wrong.

He is technically ignorant. So he mocks and disparages. He will cite an IEEE brochure that he cannot understand. Brochure shows damage created by a protector that was not earthed.

Speaking of lying, show us where the IEEE guide says what you say it
does above. You
can't because they say no such thing. In fact they show and say just
the opposite. They show plug-in surge protectors being used to protect
against surges. And in that diagram that you claim I don't understand
they clearly end with "to protect TV2 a second surge protector is required".
Now if they are ineffective and actually destructive, why oh why would
the IEEE ever say that? Who should people believe, the IEEE or you?

I expect him to post plenty of subjective denials. Hee routinely turns technical discussions into nasty personal attacks.

No subjective denials. I posted the first link to that IEEE guide,
you didn't. Gee, I wonder why? Maybe because you're lying about
what it says?

http://www.lightningsafety.com/nlsi_lhm/IEEE_Guide.pdf

Page 33, Fig 8.

Everyone can take a look and easily determine who's lying.