Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT; Smoking in cars

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Its been illegal to drink too much in public for years.

But simply isn't enforced.

I don;t even think that is the case you can drink as much as you like it
only becomes a problem should you annoy others.

That would be logical. Some drunks are happy drunks - others want to fight
the world.

You would also need to
work out exactly how much is too much which is something that can't be
calculated.

Difficult, since the effect is so different on individuals.

Whereas if in charge of a motor vehical then there is a
certain amount of blood alcohol level which only paritailly depends on
how much you've drunk but also your matabolisim and whether you've had
anything to eat and how long since you drank.

It used to be up to a doctor to decide if you were drunk in charge of a
car. But was changed to a fixed amount for everyone.

Generally, at the legal limit for driving, most people used to alcohol
wouldn't be 'fighting drunk' But their judgment impaired. A problem drunk
can be many times over the limit allowed for driving.

--
*You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.