View Single Post
  #99   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Check your Windows 10 block settingsis most difficult

On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 8:17:11 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 10/19/2015 05:31 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
It always causes a problem and lots of confusion when you change those things which are traditional. Fire engines are RED! Everyone knows that. I remember when marriage was between a man and a woman. Now things are really confusing. o_O

What used to confuse me in some states the cops used red lights, in
others blue. Lately the light bars seem to have both red and blue so
there's no question you're screwed.

Many years ago here in Alabamastan, the police and other law enforcement vehicles had blue lights and the emergency vehicles had red lights. It's been some time since light bars with both red and blue lights were installed on law enforcement vehicles so it attracts the attention of drivers from everywhere to get them to slow down. Emergency vehicles still have red light bars. When I was a kid back in the middle of the last century, police cars had a single rotating red light on the roof and a huge chrome plated electric motor driven siren on the front fender. Whenever a police car stopped in the neighborhood, the kids would gather around to look at the chrome covered car and to see what was going on. These days, kids run away when they see a cop car. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Chrome Monster