Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anyone Need Parts from Old Rockwell 1/2" Drill?

Get the motor fixed or replace it. Simple as that.
Martin

On 10/19/2015 8:44 AM, Tom Turnbaugh wrote:
replying to wallyblackburn, Tom Turnbaugh wrote:
wallyblackburn wrote:

I got an old Rockwell 378 drill - same as model 634/635. This is the
old single-speed beast with the D-handle on the back that will rip your
arm off if you get it hung up! Anyway, I took it apart and cleaned it
up, re-lubed gear reduction unit, etc. Ran pretty sweet until the
field coil I forgot to put the screws back in turned in the housing,
shorted, and burnt open! @&$#*!
Pretty much everything but the field coil is good - e-mail if you need
parts. Pricing will be very reasonable (but will double for any smart
remarks about what happened .
Thanks,
Wally

I need a power cord for a 378R