Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Circuit breaker box hisses

On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 10:53:05 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 10/19/2015 09:12 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/19/2015 6:38 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I remember meeting some really gorgeous young women in my age group when I was a young man and those beautiful gals smoked like all the other gals because it was the cool thing to do. Their looks deteriorated rapidly until at my age they're either dead or look like The Wicked Witch Of The West. EEEEK! o_O

I never understood why people would want to suck smoke into their lungs..
The couple times I tried it I nearly coughed myself to death!

Some people have addictive personalities and some don't.
Fortunately I fall into the second group.
In high school a lot of my friends would steal a few cigarettes from
their parents and we all smoked.
I tried it a few times and did not see the point.
I think all the rest got hooked.

All of us kids who were young mad scientists and actually enjoyed going to the library to read books on things like medicine, never smoked. Me and my brother and our fellow science geeks never touched tobacco, alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs because we read about the damage that crap did to the human body. I remember watching a film done by researchers that was a backlit view through a microscope of a section of living tissue which showed the flow of blood through the capillaries in real time. It actually showed the individual blood cells moving with the flow of plasma through the tiny blood vessels. When the researchers slowly introduced ethyl alcohol into the bloodstream of the test subject, the capillaries seem to become clogged with debris and blood flow was greatly impeded until it finally stopped. I hope it was a lab rat they were using. Seeing that film and a bit more reading convinced us geeks and bookworms to never follow the crowd and be like the "cool" kids. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Geek Monster