Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Check your Windows 10 block settings

rbowman wrote:
On 10/18/2015 08:11 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
I bought a new car with my card. When dealer hesitated I was going to
walk out the door. They don't like cash sale or full payment with CC.
They make better money on financed cars.

I just write a check. The last car I bought the salesman kept launching
into his financing deal even though I'd made my intention to pay cash
clear. He just couldn't help himself; it was part of his programming.

The last time I financed was back in '80 when they had a $99 down 0%
deal to try to move cars off the lot. It was GMAC's money and boosted my
credit rating.

I'ts just how I was brought up. You save the money and then you buy what
you want; you don't go in hock for it.

When I deal to buy a car, I never tell salesman how I am going to pay
'till final price is reached. If financing is taken I pay the whole
balance after couple months. I hate car buying more than house buying.