Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Circuit breaker box hisses

posted for all of us...

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 18:04:12 -0500,
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 17:29:57 -0400, "Texas Kingsnake"
wrote:

I am thinking the clamp has loosened over time. I am going to get a
well-insulated screwdriver, put on very heavy rubber gloves and am going to
try to tighten the clamp which may have not been tightened in 40 years.

It probably did loosen over time or was never tightened well, and just
shifted a small bit. What you propose makes sense. Just be safe. If the
floor is concrete, stand on a piece of plywood too. Otherwise call an
electrician. Do this soon or you could end up with a fire or at least
damaged wires or the box. A shot of PB Blaster on that screw head wont
hurt to make it move easier.

And if it arcs again it will GUARANTEE you get a fire!!!!

Oh boy, the joys of reading this thread. Maybe he could solder or crimp the
wire too; while it's live, what the heck the fuse at the pig pole may blow,
or not.

Fire diversion, actual fire between the smells and the bells...

--
Tekkie