Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Whats your favorite jig or shortcut tool or method?

On 10/19/2015 1:27 AM, Gumnuts wrote:
On 18/10/2015 12:38 AM, amdx wrote:
On 10/17/2015 7:21 AM, Gumnuts wrote:
Whats you favorite jig or shortcut method?

I worked with an old timer and was amazed with the simple jigs and
tricks he'd invented over the years to save himself time, effort and
fingers.

Got any you'd care to share?

I worked in an electric motor repair shop 35+ years ago. I bought a
tool for stripping magnet wire. I still use it today and find it very
useful.

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/p...reStripper.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/p...pperinhand.jpg

Mikek

Looks like an antique version of the one I was issued when I started
work at a Telco in the 80's.

Well I've been around a few years, but I don't consider any of my
tools antiques. :-) Well, I do have an electric drill from 1963.
You can still buy the model that I have, it is very handy for stripping
varnish type insulation.

I've still got it & still use it too.

I'm curious what yours looks like if mine looks like an antique?

That reminds me - they recalled all the locking pocket knives they'd
issued to technicians as the blade was pointy on the end and they were
worried someone would get hurt. We were issued with blunt ended pocket
knive most which were never used.... The beginning of health and safety
bullshirt!

Ya, have you looked at a school playground lately. None of the fun
stuff anymore.
Mikek