Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Circuit breaker box hisses

On 10/19/2015 10:53 AM, philo wrote:
On 10/19/2015 09:12 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/19/2015 6:38 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I remember meeting some really gorgeous young women in my age group
when I was a young man and those beautiful gals smoked like all the
other gals because it was the cool thing to do. Their looks
deteriorated rapidly until at my age they're either dead or look like
The Wicked Witch Of The West. EEEEK! o_O

I never understood why people would want to suck smoke into their lungs.
The couple times I tried it I nearly coughed myself to death!

Some people have addictive personalities and some don't.

Fortunately I fall into the second group.

In high school a lot of my friends would steal a few cigarettes from
their parents and we all smoked.

I tried it a few times and did not see the point.

I think all the rest got hooked.

Would that mean that the majority in your group have addictive
personalities?

A long time ago I had a problem with sinus infections stopping up my
nose and I couldn't breath very well, so I used over the counter nose
spray off and on. I could breath, but my body eventually got used to it
and it felt like I was addicted to it, so I just tossed the nose spray
and suffered through a couple of weeks of stopped up breathing. I just
can't stand the idea of some medicine like that taking over and me
becoming dependent on it.

When I tried a couple times to smoke (because everyone else did it), no
amount of trying to inhale the smoke came close to me "getting used to
it". People told me it was natural to cough when you started, but after
a while I'd get used to it and I'd stop coughing. It made no sense to
me. Why would I want to get used to coughing or that feeling that I was
suffocating because smoke was hitting my lungs instead of oxygen?

I guess a lot of people will do just about anything be part of the group.

--
Maggie