Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Check your Windows 10 block settings

On 10/19/2015 7:04 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 10/18/2015 08:37 PM, Don Y wrote:
The *worst* is someone who fishes around for a checkbook...
then starts hunting for a pen...
then thumbs through *carbons* of previous checks to find check #7125...
then starts writing out the check...
then discovers that the ink cartridge is "retracted"...
then discovering that the pen is *dead*...
then hunting for scrap paper to "scribble on" to "reprime" the pen...
then asking the cashier for a pen...
then asking who the check should be paid to...
then...

and, EVENTUALLY, getting *****y* that someone waiting makes a comment about
how SLOW they are!

That really burns my butt at Costco. You sign the check and the cashier runs it
through the machine that prints the rest but you always have half blind, half
senile Aunt Millie trying to fill it out for herself.

Or, someone who has decided they've "spent too much" (?) and then
starts an amusing game with the cashier -- trying to figure out
which items they can "leave behind" to adjust their total
downward to something with which they are more comfortable.

Of course, they can't do mental arithmetic (else wouldn't have
got themselves in this bind -- *addition* being much easier
for most than subtraction) so, they can't just ask the
cashier how much a particular item (i.e., candidate to be
"left behind") costs but must actually have the cashier
elide it from the current total, recite the *new*/adjusted price
at which time they will select other items to "process",
similarly. Along the way, deciding to add some items BACK INTO
their purchases as others have brought the total down to
a point where they can now "afford" these.

(sigh)

And, we won't get into the ones who blissfully drag a cart FULL of
items into the "10 items or less" lane. Then, when challenged,
start with a justification along the lines of "I'm 84 years old..."
as if their age entitles them to some special treatment. I am
sorely tempted to jump in with "OhMiGosh! Then, why are you
*here*?? You'll probably DROP DEAD any second now! Wouldn't
you want to do that in the comfort of your own HOME? Surrounded
by all your CATS???!"

["god", if I live that long, PLEASE don't let me become one of these
olde fartes!]