Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default Check your Windows 10 block settings

| Does anyone know if Microsoft will be offering a paid version of Win10
that doesn't spy on us?

| Enterprise version.

Not exactly. I don't know whether they still sell the
so-called Enterprise version as a retail disk or not.
They may. Either way, the only version exempt from
forced updates is the corporate install under a Software
Assurance license. In other words, if you want to
be exempt from the "consumer EULA" you need to
contract with Microsoft. For that you need to be
making a very big order. Even then, it's not clear
how much spying can be stopped. You'd need to
ask some corporate IT people who've had time to
look into it. The only thing I've heard for certain is
that the corporate contract allows IT people to
block automatic updates.