Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default TOT; Smoking in cars

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:45:02 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The fact remains that a substantial percentage of the population drinks
far more than is good for their health.

More than we're told is good for our health - but the 21/14 unit
recommendation is utterly arbitrary, and in no way standardised
internationally.

It is total double standards encouraging the use of a so potentially
dangerous recreational drug - while demonising all others.

It's not, because alcohol has no direct and inescapable effect on those
nearby, unlike passive smoking.

The whole "Ooh, but what about drink-driving/alcohol-fuelled violence"
argument is just specious idiocy.