Sofie

Default Mitsubishi Picture Tube Leak

Mark Pfeifer:
5 years seems a little too soon to be replacing your big screen Mitz.
I would suggest that your obtain another repair cost estimate.... with an
specific estimated repair cost dollar amount so you can make an intelligent
repair decision.
You can't do this on the phone either...... a real tech needs to actually
look at the television and do some preliminary troubleshooting and visual
inspection in order to come up with a half-way accurate repair cost
estimate.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Mark Pfeifer" wrote in message
om...
I just had a serviceman look at my TV. He informed me (and showed be
fluids) on the video board that he said was caused by the seals going
bad on the picture tube. He said the tubes would have to be replaced
and I was probably looking at a lot of money. Said I was looking at
buying a new one instead.

I have a 55" Mitsubishi purchased in 1998. What do people think?

The screen would go black after a short time period when the tv warmed
up. He said the tubes heated up, fluid leaked on the video board and
was shorting out the video signal.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mark